Thursday, September 23, 2010

All bourbon and no dinner makes Cookie a fun girl

So I was decorating for my eldest's 10 year old birthday party. She's as much of a girly girl as you could possibly imagine and by the time I was half way done it looked like a pre-pubescent pop star had drunk too many slurpies and vomited up pink and flowery shit all over the place.

This was troubling on many levels, so the only obvious solution was to crack open the white labeled problem fixer and stand back to assess.

After assessing for a good half bottle or so, the place actually started to make sense. The pink was speaking to me in a way that it hadn't before. The Disney pop music sing along karaoke and manicure/pedicure chairs were working. The brightly coloured orbs hanging from the ceiling, the fluffy ball things in the vase. Maybe I was a girly girl at heart too!

I started to get into the swing of things; a sip for me, a swirl here, a swig for me and a heart shape there.

By the time that bottle was down to droplets I was sparkling it up with the best of them.

Didn't feel quite as sparkly this morning but the kid is happy with the decorations.

End.

No comments:

Post a Comment